Ingredients Spotlight: Sea Buckthorn Oil
What Is Sea Buckthorn Oil?
Sea buckthorn, aka Siberian pineapple, does not actually come from the sea as the name suggested. It is a flowering shrub or tree that produces these cold-pressed berries.
The plant is grown worldwide, namely in Europe and Central Asia. The fruit itself carries 10x more vitamin C than orange and ranks third in plants with the highest amount of vitamin E.
Benefits of Sea Buckthorn Oil For Skin & Hair
- Sea buckthorn oil contains linoleic acid, which helps to regulate hydration levels without throwing skin off balance as it is naturally found in the sebum.
- It prevents trans-epidermal water loss and thus aids in the skin maintaining its lipid barrier.
- The antioxidants and vitamins in this plant oil improve skin tone and fade any post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, improving overall skin tone, texture, and elasticity.
- The fatty acids and vitamins are also power players in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Rich in both alpha- and beta-carotene, vitamin A, vitamins B1, B2, and B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, fatty acids and flavonoids, Omega 3, 6, 9 and rarest Omega 7 and about 190 bioactive compounds making it a great oil to supply your skin with nutrients.
- Since it can have regular oil in the skin, it can do the same for hair and scalps to eliminate excess oil without drying the hair out.
- Sea Buckthorn oil has a dark orange hue, and the only way to use it is by diluting it with carrier oil.
Sea Buckthorn Oil x Oil Divine
We are harvesting the magic of this lightweight oil in our products. It is why we included this in the Age-Delay Lifting Serum. An advanced oil serum packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and organic and amino acids-rich plant oils works together to support the skin's natural cell renewal process and strengthen the skin barrier for extreme hydration, repair, and regeneration. This ultimate firming treatment delays visible signs of aging by preserving collagen and increasing cell turnover.
Aware of sea buckthorn oil's versatility, it is also in the Revitalizing Body Oil. A delightful, naturally jasmine-neroli scented body moisturizer, it contains over 24 organic botanical oils, including jojoba, macadamia nut, chia seed, sweet almond, evening primrose, marula, moringa, pomegranate seed, raspberry seed oils to nourish and enhance skin's tone and texture truly.