Ingredients Spotlight: Moringa Oil
What is Moringa Oil?
Moringa Oil is a multi-purpose oil that dates back thousands of years, used in cooking to skincare and haircare. It it derived from the seeds of the Moringa Oleifera tree, native to the Himalayan mountains. The oil is relatively accessible with seeds containing about 40% oil, making it fairly inexpensive. It could be crowned the “Do it All” oil as this nutrient and vitamin rich oil boasts an endless list of benefits for hair, skin, and body.
Why is Moringa Oil a Wonder Oil?
- Nutrient dense - high in fatty acids such as palmitoleic, linoleic, and oleic acids
- Powerful doses of vitamins A, C & E - in fact, it has 7X more Vitamin C than oranges
- Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory with calming sterols
- Contains skin-loving bioactive compounds like tocopherols, catechins, quercetin, ferulic acid, and zeatin
- Antioxidant rich making it a perfect natural preservative, extending the shelf life of products
- Non comedogenic, mimics skins natural sebum and does not clog pores making it suitable for even acne prone skin
How to Use Moringa Oil?
A prized do-it-all oil, Moringa Oil can be found in various products in the skincare, haircare, and body care categories as it pairs well with other ingredients. It can also be used alone as a moisturizer, hair treatment and protectant, and in cooking. When applied topically to the lips and skin, it is a wonder worker for skin conditions such as dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis.
Moringa at Oil Divine
At Oil Divine, we take great pride in offering effective yet clean products powered by plant oils. Wanting to reap the benefits of this multipurpose oil, we have included it in our Revitalizing Body Oil as well as the Rejuvenating Eye Serum.
A bestseller, the Revitalizing Body Oil is a skincare product for the body. While the Rejuvenating Eye Serum is a 15-free yet powerful wrinkle reducer for the delicate eye area. Packed with vitamins, antioxidants, organic and amino acids.
It effectively minimizes the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, soothes and deeply hydrates the delicate eye area while fortifying the skin barrier against daily aggressors with moringa oil and other powerhouse ingredients like raspberry seed oil, cucumber oil, rosehip oil, squalane and more.