Stretch marks are the things that most people try to hide and yet the majority of us have it. They can appear anywhere and are common on the breasts, thighs, lower back and arms. They appear on the body when the layer of the skin is overstretched to the extent of tearing.
Causes of Stretch Marks include;
- Weight loss and gain
- Increase in muscle due workout
- Effects of a medication
- Surgeries on the body, such as breast enlargement
Stretch marks are permanent. However with treatment, the appearance can be less visible. Some treatments include cosmetic surgery, microdermabrasion and laser treatment. Other home remedies include;
- The Use of Self-tanners: Self tanners are used to fill the color of the stretch marks so they can appear like the same color of your skin.
- The Use of Makeup: Foundation can also help with the visibility of stretch marks especially when the foundation blends well with your skin.
- The Use of Ointment; There are numerous creams that are produced to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks
However essential oils are known to improve and reduce the appearance of stretch marks on the body.
Oil Divine Revitalizing Body OilOil Divine Revitalizing Body Oil is made up with only essential oils that are beneficial for the skin. It hydrates and provides nourishment to the skin; making the it look youthful and glowy. Most importantly it contains ingredients that help reduce the appearance of stretch marks on the body. The ingredients in this product are Jojoba Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Chia Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Argan Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Shea Nut Oil, Sea Buckthorn Oil, Pomegranate Seed Oil, Raspberry Seed Oil, Moringa Oil, Marula Oil, Jasmine Oil, Neroli Oil, proprietary blend of essential oils, Vitamin E and Squalane.
The popular oils for stretch marks include;
- Argan Oil: This oil is produced from argan kennel trees and it is a very popular and natural way of taking care of your skin and hair. This oil improves the elasticity of your skin, which reduces and prevents stretch marks from occurring.
- Neroli Oil: This oil is produced from Citrus aurantium tree and contains antioxidants that regenerates the skin cells and improves its appearance. It is only traditionally used to reduce any “imperfections” on the skin.
- Pomegranate Seed Oil: Pomegranate oil is made from pomegranate fruit that contains antioxidant and inflammatory properties that helps increase the elasticity and thickness of the skin.
- Squalene: Squalene ensures that the body is hydrated making it very smooth and very moisturized.
- Jojoba Oil: This oil is one of the best essential oils because it mimics the skin's natural sebum so it will be able to penetrate its essential nutrients in the skin which helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- Sweet Almond Oil: This oil prevents the appearance of stretch marks because it deeply nourishes the skin and also makes sure the skin is ready for changes in terms of pregnancy. It is not advisable for pregnant women to use this body oil until after pregnancy.
- Rosehip Oil: Rosehip oil is made from the seeds of roses. It helps prevent the severity of stretch marks and scars.
FYI: It is not advisable for pregnant women to use Oil Divine Body Revitalizing Oil until they have given birth.
Stretch marks are not a serious skin condition or problem but people prefer not to have it at all and that's totally fine. Even though it is stated that they are permanent, using the right essential oils help minimize its appearance. Please visit Oil Divine, to purchase this product that will not only help reduce stretch marks but also leave the body softer and smoother.