There are countless hair care products on the market these days, from drugstores to department stores to your local WholeFoods. We mostly pick the product we purchase based on the advertised ingredients and benefits - "hydrating, de-frizzing, humidity protectant, volumizing, protein bonding," and the list goes on.
However, when it comes to hair thinning and hair loss, many people think that it only affects men. Hair thinning and hair loss is when the natural process is interrupted, it refers to when one experiences an unexpected and copious amount of hair loss.
Some products promise denser and more voluminous hair, usually heat-activated styling products or shampoos that tend to dry out hair for that more bodied look. But not all, if any, provide hair with the essential nutrients for a healthy hair follicular system to solve the issue of hair thinning and hair loss.
Enters Oil Divine's pre-shampoo scalp treatment - Hair Growth Oil. Our Hair Growth Oil is a one-of-a-kind scalp treatment oil with a proprietary blend of botanical oils and nothing else. Nutrient-rich oils play a vital role in addressing various hair issues and thus promote hair growth and hair density today. We are here to tell you about some of the carrier and essential oils used in our Hair Growth Oil.
- Karanja Oil; Karanja is an Ayurvedic medicinal herb used for skin, hair, and even digestive issues. It is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids - oleic acids to help prevent hair's water loss, giving it softness and manageability; flavonoids are known for their UV-blocking powers equivalent to SPF 30. It is also antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal. All these properties together make this beneficial in promoting scalp balance to reduce excessive dryness, itching, and dandruff.
- Brahmi Oil; Another Ayurvedic ingredient, Brahmi oil, is notable for its endless benefits for the mind and the nervous system. When applied topically, it is said to move deep into the tissue to strengthen memory, promote a healthy and balanced response to stress, and promote mental clarity. It is also prized in haircare and skincare for its nourishing and regenerative properties. The ingredient alone has a fruity yet herbal-y scent and promotes luscious hair, and prevents hair loss by strengthening hair from the root and providing nutrients to the scalp. It also aids in the prevention of discoloration and split ends to prolong the life of healthy, shiny hair.
- Shikakai Oil; Another potent Ayurvedic herb in our Hair Growth Oil is Shikakai, better known by the vernacular names Shika and Seekaaya. It promotes hair growth by reducing hair fall and controlling dandruff, balancing the scalp to remove itchiness, dryness, greasiness, and other signs of an unbalanced scalp. It actually adds shine and softness to hair as it cleanses it, with potent anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties to remove pesky dandruff without stripping hair's natural oil. It is also high in vitamin C and delays hair graying when used consistently.
- Lavender Oil; Lavender oil has anti-inflammatory properties and has been shown to speed up hair follicle development and promote cell growth when used topically.
- Peppermint Oil; Synonymous with a tingling sensation, peppermint oil increases blood flow circulation and thus increases hair follicles.
- Rosemary Oil; Rosemary is a double-duty oil that promotes hair growth and hair density, it boosts cellular regeneration.
- Thyme Oil; Thyme oil as an essential oil helps to relieve stress, and when used topically, it promotes hair growth by stimulating the scalp and preventing hair thinning and loss. Our Hair Growth Oil is a precious blend of jojoba, castor, grapeseed, sweet almond, argan, and fractionated coconut oils, with ayurvedic oils such as brahmi, karanja, shikakai, bhringraj oils as well as famous hair growth oils rosemary, peppermint, thyme, turmeric, ginger, lemon, lavender, and other botanical oils.
How to Use
Our all-natural remedy to hair thinning and hair loss delivers noticeable results, we recommend using it on dry hair 2 - 3 times a week. Start by massaging Hair Growth Oil into the scalp for 3-5 minutes, run the oil through the mids and ends of your hair, and leave on for at least 2 hours. You can also leave the treatment overnight and wash it in the morning for deeper hydration - noticeably shinier and more manageable hair. You will notice fuller-looking hair as soon as 90 days, with peak results around 120 days.