But what exactly is Plum Oil? Also known as plum seed or plum kernel oil, it's a cold-pressed beauty elixir derived from plums cultivated in Turkey and the southwestern region of France. Before the emergence of modern beauty formulations, ancient cultures recognized the nourishing properties of plum oil and incorporated it into their skincare routines. Its use can be traced back to traditional practices where it was valued for its skin-enhancing qualities.
Valued as a carrier oil in body, skin, and hair care, Plum Oil suits all skin types due to its vitamin-rich, highly nourishing, and easily absorbable nature. When applied topically, Plum Oil stands out for its lightweight yet nutrient-packed formula, leaving the skin moisturized without any greasy residue. Packed with Polyphenols, Oleic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E, Plum Oil is a treasure trove of skincare goodness.
Now, let's explore into the individual benefits that plum oil brings to the skin:
1. Antioxidant Richness: Plum oil stands out for its high antioxidant content, primarily anthocyanins. These antioxidants play a crucial role in neutralizing free radicals that can damage skin cells, contributing to premature aging. By incorporating plum oil into skincare, you provide your skin with a potent defense against environmental stressors.
2. Hydration and Moisture: Plum oil's lightweight and easily absorbable nature make it an excellent emollient hydrator. When applied topically, it penetrates the skin, providing deep hydration without leaving a greasy or sticky residue. This hydration is vital for maintaining skin elasticity and preventing dryness, promoting a supple and well-nourished complexion.
3. Anti-Inflammatory Properties: One of the standout features of plum oil is its anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it an ideal choice for individuals with sensitive or irritated skin. By soothing inflammation, plum oil helps calm redness and discomfort, contributing to an overall healthier skin appearance.
4. Brightening and Plumping: Plum oil's ability to brighten and plump the skin is a coveted characteristic. Regular use can lead to a more radiant complexion, as it works to even out skin tone and reduce the appearance of dullness. The plumping effect contributes to a youthful appearance by minimizing fine lines and enhancing skin firmness.
5. Cellular Repair and Turnover: Plum oil supports cellular repair, aiding in the regeneration of skin cells. This process is essential for maintaining a youthful complexion and addressing signs of aging. Additionally, it promotes healthy skin turnover, ensuring that newer, rejuvenated skin cells replace older ones, contributing to a smoother and more vibrant appearance.
6. Regulation of Sebum Production: For those with oily or combination skin, plum oil offers a balancing effect. It helps regulate sebum production, preventing excessive oiliness while ensuring the skin maintains its natural moisture balance. This makes it a versatile ingredient suitable for various skin types.
At Oil Divine, we recognize the remarkable qualities of plum oil, which is why we've incorporated it into our Lip Retreat Oil. This lip treatment goes beyond conventional options by hydrating and nourishing lips with a proprietary blend of plant-based oils, all housed in an eco-friendly yet premium glass bottle, steering clear of petroleum-based ingredients commonly found in other lip treatments.
Plum oil is coming soon in so many of our new formulations so stay tuned to get the most benefits from this magical ingredient.